I have discovered what comes easy for me, may not be easy for others. I will be the first to tell you that certain things you put in your body right now, are hard to give up. I love convenience, especially when you have a family, picky eaters and you work. So, it wasn’t uncommon for us to eat out or have take out Pizza at least once a week. I also was a BIG Diet soda drinker. I wasn’t as big of a soda drinker as some, the max I would do is once or twice a day, but even that was too much.
Well times have changed, our family as a whole has changed. Everyday we are getting better and it is getting easier. Now I am going to share some tips, that I believe are important for your health and your families. I am not telling you that you have to do as a say, but do your own research if you don’t like what I have to say, you will see And for the record, i am not saying its always easy to get them to eat new healthy recipes or that we are perfect...but, we are trying!
1. Since I like convenience, and having everything there ready to be made, I make out our weekly menu on Saturday. I make a list of everything that I will need, go grocery shopping, and then it’s all there, ready for me to throw it together. (Guess what, you will save money this way too)
2. CROCK POT! I love using the crock pot, especially when I am busy all day and in the evening, at least my kiddos will get something hot and healthy to eat! I have learned to rely on google and pinterest for healthy recipes or sometimes I even just do my own. You can always switch certain things to make a meal healthier too.
3. I could never EVER give up Carbs…. EVER!!! So what I have done, is switched to 100% WHOLE GRAIN. Breads and Pastas! Make sure it is 100%. And no whole wheat is not the same as whole grain!
4. Replace your soda, even if it’s diet. I cannot say how important this is. I honestly know it is easier said than done, but try your hardest! If you think water is too boring, add lemon, cucumber, or even berries!
5. CUT OUT ALL FAST FOOD! This stuff is so bad for you! It’s not just the calories, it’s the sodium and the lack of nutrition that your body is craving! Do it a favor, and fuel it with food that it needs!
6. I AM a BIG TIME snacker! If I stayed up late, I snacked! Well now I have a cut off time. Your cut off time should be at least 3 hours before you go to bed. I try not to eat past 7pm.
7. CUT OUT ENERGY DRINKS! Another things that is easier said than done. I, was a major Diet Rockstar drinker...even though i heard all the bad things about them, and the fact that they kick you in to high gear and then you drop like a sack of potatoes, that is probably why people have more than 1 a day. They are full of useless calories, sugar and things that could harm your body in the long run. If your body is craving energy (I say drink Shakeology, of course) or exercise. I am not kidding you, you will get energy from your exercise. EASY PEASY!
So as of right now, those are my top tips, and like I said, you don’t have to follow them, but I do, and it’s really benefited me and my family! Now if you do chose to follow, let me know how you feel a day later, a week later, even a month later! I would love to know!!
I would also love to hear any of your tips, so please comment below if you have any to add!!!
Im a 43 year old Mom taking charge of her health and who's passionate about helping you live your healthiest, happiest life.